Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Western Leps












Thought I'd post some photos from the summer/fall of 2006 that I took while working out west in the Rocky Mountains and western Great Plains. I've attempted to identify most of these bugs, but several are uncertain, and some I have no clue as to what they are (ie fritillaries), so please let me know if you have any corrections or ID comments. The photos are split into 4 main groups based on where/when I took them: Southeast Arizona, western Nebraska, western South Dakota/northern Wyoming, and Colorado.

Southeast Arizona leps (from top to bottom):

1. California Gulch scenery
2. Common Streaky-Skipper (Celotes nessus)
3. Marine Blue (Leptotes marina)
4-5. Elada Checkerspot - two photos - (Texola elada)
6. Acacia Skipper (Cogia hippalus)
7. Tiny Checkerspot (Dymasia dymas)
8-9. Ceraunus Blue - two photos - (Hemiargus ceraunus)
10-11. Leda Ministreak - two photos - (Ministrymon leda)

No comments: